woensdag 11 juli 2007

Denominational diversity

In my last blog I wrote about Ouweneel's talk about diversity within and between denominations. This reminded me of a talk at the Eurochurch conference in Switzerland. This talk was about the blessings of diversity, I looked at my notes and will share the examples that were discussed:
  • In christ we unite in purpose, but we can diverse in everything else.
  • Our arms have different, antagonistic muscles: stressors and flexors. It is even useful that these arm muscles are antagonistic, they produce a meaningful whole. One without the other would be unable to function.
  • When you go fly fishing you have all sorts of bait. The differents sorts are for different fish whom require a different approach to catch them.
  • We should value diversity out of humility: I see only a small part of the whole, you see another. We need another to create a whole.
Good examples to remember when we meet our antagonist in faith or life.

Geen opmerkingen: