maandag 11 juni 2007

Johannesburg Intro


Two years after my first trip with Livingstone to Victory4all in Jeffrey's Bay (SA) I am returning to the rainbow nation. In august of this year I will again make a trip to South Africa with Livingstone, but this time to Johannesburg (SA):





We will be with a group of 14 people and visit Johannesburg for three weeks. Goal of our trip will be to visit MES (Metro Evangelical Services):



MES is an interdenominal, multi-cultural, faith- and community-based organisation working from Hillbrow and the inner-city of Johannesburg, striving to change the heart of the city.

We will help MES for this period to work on a school building and next to that do some child work.

This is the first year groups of Livingstone will visit the MES, and we will be the second group. Jeannette, whom I met at the leadership training weekend, and I will lead this journey as a team.The first group is an existing group from a church in Amsterdam, our group is formed with people wo did not know each other. Jeannette and I have already had a training weekend for leaders and after that we had a Livingstone participant training day with the whole group. Yesterday Jeannette and I met the leaders of the MES (Francois Pienaard and his wife...) from South Africa in Amsterdam together with Johannesburg 1. It was a very pleasant meeting and every step makes me more and more looking forward to the actual journey to South Africa.

This is most of the basic information, look for more also on the Livingstone Johannesburg 2 2007 hyve. In the forthcoming period and during the trip I hope to keep you all updated through my blog on what's happening...

1 opmerking:

Eric zei

I found you, Herman! Nice to see another Nederlander in the blogosphere... I hope to keep checking back in from time to time.